IF YOU HAVE ANY STORIES, PICTURES OR VIDEOS? EMAIL THEM TO ME AT oldmaison@yahoo.com





*** Cartoon Of The Day ***
OFFICER'S SQUARE IN FREDERICTON IN THE YEAR 2075!!!!!

Monday, February 13, 2012

FREDERICTON WELL KNOWN PANHANDLER DONNIE ACKER DIED SUNDAY MORNING!!!!

Too bad...so sad but It's amazing that he lived this long... I just opened a beer in memory of the poor guy...:(

img_3763img_9799



Here's a couple of videos I made with Donnie -







img_4855

Maybe these guys could have help him????


IMG_5377_edited

On a rare moment, he sang for a few bucks!!!!


244898408_49c398f6bd


Of course Donnie was a little too demanding at time!!!!


888314541_220f3c0147888316153_3b596119ca

Donnie believed he just hit the Jackpot once he showed up for The Feast in the Field at Officer's Square. It was all free beers!!! < He was late >


IMGP0918



Some will say good riddance but it's a darn shame we will no longer see the likes of him again.

He wasn't that bad and I pray that Donnie finally finds the peace that he never found in this world.


img_6322


Good Bye Donnie and it was nice knowing ya....

:)


img_6329

My deepest sympathy to his family and friends....



IMG_3922


P.S. I found some funny stories about Donnie...he was the spokesperson for the Shawn Graham - Selection Beer!!!!

Enjoy -


>img_3751


I heard in the media that the new brand of beer brewed by orders of the Shawn Graham Government was coming today.

I didn't know what to do? The closest liquor store is close to one mile away from the downtown area.

But this could be history? Ahhh....What the heck!!!

I got dressed and out the door I went!!!! It was 9:30am!!!

My God? IT WAS WINDY AND COLD!!!

img_3747

I might add it was very dangerous to walk on the sidewalk.

img_3761

Then suddenly, I fell through the ice and my boot was in the cold water!!

img_3741


I quickly remove my boot from the water and the other got the same faith!!!

ARRGGHHHHH!!!!!

Both of my feet were all wet from the cold water.

img_3740


I noticed a woman walking towards me with her child and dog.

img_3742

I quickly went to warn her to use the busy street and GUESS WHAT HAPPENED?

With my wet boots? I fell down on the ice!!!!

Wet feet and sore shoulder!!!!

Was this a sign to go home?

The woman told me that it was Ok because she was wearing winter boots but she quickly turned around once her stroller went through the ice.

img_3745

I decided to continue to go for my story.

Once in the area, I noticed some guys walking with a case of Moosehead.

img_3749

I told them about the new beer but they replied- This is a man drink!!!!

I finally made it to the store.

img_3758

I was surprised there were no media in sight.

img_3759

The liquor store has been open for close to one hour. Someone already bought the first case.

img_3752img_3753

For a guy who's on social assistance, I can't afford a case of beer but I just had to buy one can so I could taste the Government new beer.

img_3754

One can cost $2.10.

img_3757img_3755

With both of my feet wet, I made a quick but safe trip back home!!

img_3762

On my way home, a homeless guy asked me for some spare change. I give him a little and asked him to pose for a shot?

The guy who already had a few drinks believe this was his lucky day!!! A guy would give him a nice cold beer right on the streets of the Capital.....lol

The hat match the new beer!!!!...lol


img_3763

I apologized to the guy but not today!!! I need to taste this new Government beer!!

Once home, I was very happy to remove my wet footwear.

img_3764

Once I was settled down, I opened my new beer!!! Then BANG full of foam!!!

img_3765

I took a drink and it wasn't that bad but I quickly found out it left a strong after taste in your mouth.

Still there after 30 minutes I finished the beer.

Yes, I will never forget the day the Government beer - SELECTION came out!!!!

It was a very rough ride!!!

I'm not a beer critic but I don't if it's going to be a hit with beer drinkers in New Brunswick?

I don't believe it's going to be SELECTION TIME in New Brunswick!!!

Selection?

By the taste of this new beer and the huge price tag to promote this new Brew?

Remobe the S from Selection abd lets have an Election!!
I can't wait for the next ELECTION!!!!

UGH!!!

============================================================================================



>

img_3763
Originally uploaded by Oldmaison
Charles,

Well here is what I have to say about this beer.

I don't like the box,
I don't like the name,
I don't like the bottle cap,
I don't like the label,
I don't like the fifi guy that works at the liqueur store either.
I drink Coors light beer.
My Coors light bottles has a nice smart labels.
On the label on the bottle the mountains turn blue when its the perfect temperature to drink.
This cheap beer the label is ugly and stupid when its warm and is still ugly and stupid when its cold.
The stupid label wont tell me when its the perfect temperature to drink it.

I drank about 18 of them last night but I was confused because I did know if I was drinking it too warm or not because it has a stupid label on the bottle.

It did get me drunk because I don't remember if it tasted good or not.
Right now I have a big hangover and I have explosive diarrhea so thats not a good sign.

I probably drank it at the wrong freeking temperature.

I will try it again but will only drink 15 of them this time.

I might remember what it tasted like and I might not have explosive diarrhea the next day if I only drink 15 of them.

And the price? $18.67 WOW! Big Freeking Deal!

If it would be $15 a case it might be a big deal.


J'va le dir en chiak ausi,
Ya pas yink des anglais icite!

Ok cecite ces quose que jai a dire about cte biere la.
J'aime pas la boite,
J'aime pas le nom,
J'aime pas le 1e bouchon,
J'aime pas label,
Pis J'aime pas le tapette qui travail au licquer store.

Moi je boi la Coors light!
La coors light a un label sur la bouteille ques pas mal smart.
Si les montagnes son bleu bin then sa veut dire que la biere est le perfect temperature pour la boire.
Ste nouvelle biere de tintin las as un stupid lable sur la bouteile.
Le label vas pas me laisser a sawere si la biere est la right tempature ou pas.

J'en et but about 18 yer a soire de ste nouvelle biere but j'etais puzzler parce que
je savait pas si la biere etais trop chaude ou pas parce que ya pas de smart label sur ces bouteil las.

Well la biere ma souller bin tight but a matin j'men rapelle pas si la biere goutais bin ou pass.
Right now jai une grousse dam de hangover pis jai right la foire!
Ces probably acose que j'ai pas but ste biere de tintin a la right temperature.

Jva l'asseyer en chuk temps d'autre but j'vas yink nen boire 15 ste foi icite.
Le lendemain je men rapelerai ptetre quose que ste biere la goutais.
Pis jaurai ptetre pas un si grosse hangover.
pis hopefully que j'arai pas si temp la foire,

Ah waye!
Le prix? $18.67? WOW! Une tarible d'affaire....wow!
Si ca serais $15 pour un 12 pack ca serai ptaitre une tarible dafaire.


-- maurice the homeless guy --


=================================================================================================



>3349308969_2425dd3dfb

If you missed the blog I wrote on this issue?

Click below -

Charles one of the first individual to buy new Government beer!!

One question?

What's the price tag on this anyway?

Who made the money to promote this brew?

img_3751

I predict a half price sale in the near future to get rid of the beer call- Selection!!!

Someone in the Premier entourage is giving the Premier some very wrong advice.

Did they ever took into consideration that New Brunswickers know they are paying high price for alcohol because of the high tax?

Do you think for one momment they are going to buy a Beer where the Government makes more money?

Sorry...I don't think so!!!

Yes..Selection Beer is my Jerk of the week!!!


===============================================================================================



>2753842951_6fcebc4fd3

====================================================================================

>img_3763

Click Below -

UNB STUDENT VIEWS ON SELECTION BEER!!!!


If you missed Maurice The Homeless views on Selection Beer???

Here it is -

Charles,

Well here is what I have to say about this beer.

I don't like the box,
I don't like the name,
I don't like the bottle cap,
I don't like the label,
I don't like the fifi guy that works at the liqueur store either.
I drink Coors light beer.

My Coors light bottles has a nice smart labels.

On the label on the bottle the mountains turn blue when its the perfect temperature to drink.

This cheap beer the label is ugly and stupid when its warm and is still ugly and stupid when its cold.

The stupid label wont tell me when its the perfect temperature to drink it.

I drank about 18 of them last night but I was confused because I did know if I was drinking it too warm or not because it has a stupid label on the bottle.

It did get me drunk because I don't remember if it tasted good or not.

Right now I have a big hangover and I have explosive diarrhea so thats not a good sign.

I probably drank it at the wrong freeking temperature.

I will try it again but will only drink 15 of them this time.

I might remember what it tasted like and I might not have explosive diarrhea the next day if I only drink 15 of them.

And the price? $18.67 WOW! Big Freeking Deal!

If it would be $15 a case it might be a big deal.


J'va le dir en chiak ausi,
Ya pas yink des anglais icite!

Ok cecite ces quose que jai a dire about cte biere la.
J'aime pas la boite,
J'aime pas le nom,
J'aime pas le 1e bouchon,
J'aime pas label,
Pis J'aime pas le tapette qui travail au licquer store.

Moi je boi la Coors light!
La coors light a un label sur la bouteille ques pas mal smart.
Si les montagnes son bleu bin then sa veut dire que la biere est le perfect temperature pour la boire.
Ste nouvelle biere de tintin las as un stupid lable sur la bouteile.
Le label vas pas me laisser a sawere si la biere est la right tempature ou pas.

J'en et but about 18 yer a soire de ste nouvelle biere but j'etais puzzler parce que
je savait pas si la biere etais trop chaude ou pas parce que ya pas de smart label sur ces bouteil las.

Well la biere ma souller bin tight but a matin j'men rapelle pas si la biere goutais bin ou pass.
Right now jai une grousse dam de hangover pis jai right la foire!
Ces probably acose que j'ai pas but ste biere de tintin a la right temperature.

Jva l'asseyer en chuk temps d'autre but j'vas yink nen boire 15 ste foi icite.
Le lendemain je men rapelerai ptetre quose que ste biere la goutais.
Pis jaurai ptetre pas un si grosse hangover.
pis hopefully que j'arai pas si temp la foire,

Ah waye!
Le prix? $18.67? WOW! Une tarible d'affaire....wow!
Si ca serais $15 pour un 12 pack ca serai ptaitre une tarible dafaire.


=====================================================================================

10 comments :

Anonymous said...

RIP Donnie :(

P.R. said...

My condolences. Charles,I think you are the only media outlet to cover this story, congratulations, and I am very sorry you have lost a friend. Your pictures are fantastic, commentary is consoling, it shows you care. Well done. Keep doing what you do best, reporting on the heart of the city, the real heart of the city,the good, the bad, and the ugly. :D

STU. Prof said...

Only ever encountered Donnie couple of times since I have been in Fredericton... always gave when he asked... additionally I would cross a street to give to Donnie.

I was almost in tears Charles as you compiled such a poetic memory of Donnie...

I also recalled the profound yet simplistic manner which Donnie expressed himself. Fredericton will miss this character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDEBJpavCjc&feature=related

Anonymous said...

As much as you annoy me with your normal crap and as much as a pain old Donnie could be at times, he still had his good points and everyone deserves a eulogy. I think you did Donnie justice.

Thanks.

SSB

Anonymous said...

As a worker downtown who has to walk around alot, I will not miss the 3-4 times a day being asked, or better hassled by his hostility at times for change.

Sorry, but that's just how it is, calouse or not.

He was an able person who instead of contributing to society decided instead to harass society. Something that would get any other one of us arrested.

Charles LeBlanc said...

I often wonder how some of these Idiot Coward Jerkface commenter's sleep at night????

Lots of angry people out there...

Sigghhhhh....

Anonymous said...

So sad..... thanks for doing this piece on Donnie. Do you have any idea what arrangements are being made for a service/memorial, Charles.

Brian

Anonymous said...

Are u aware of any funeral arrangements Charles?

TD

M Hayes said...

Charles, good piece. Do we know anything about cause of death? I saw Donnie just a few days ago. He was not in good shape. It was mighty cold out Sunday. Also, great juxtaposition between the government's new cheap beer and Donnie's addiction to alcohol. I hope some people understand how debilitating this disease can be, especially when you don't have people or institutions you can fall back on to support you and help you get better. Donnie left us too soon.

MFH

Anonymous said...

Remember Donnie