Flood Watch
IF YOU HAVE ANY STORIES, PICTURES OR VIDEOS? EMAIL THEM TO ME AT oldmaison@yahoo.com


CARTOON OF THE DAY!!!!!!!
NEW EDITION IS NOW HERE!!!!! LOOK FOR IT AT YOUR LOCAL BOOK STORE!!!!



Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A FINAL TRIBUTE TO DIANE BORMKE!!!

Click the video below and continue reading the blog. Diane always loved this music.








Picture 316


I'm writing this blog with tears in my eyes.

I've just heard on CBC radio that Diane Bormke just passed away from a long battle with Cancer.

Who's Diane Bormke????

Diane ran the bi-weekly paper River Valley News in Grand bay - Westfield.

She also published a few books of old pictures of the small towns.

Diane was a very straight forward individual with her views.

Either you loved her or hated her guts?

The were no in between!!!

Diane gave my own little column in her newspaper for a couple of years.

I would be allowed to write about any issues.

I remember when I wrote a series on the Irvings.



irving



It was called – The Good < The Irvings >, the Bad < Irving's Management > and the Ugly < Yours truly >

Many Irving employees were very upset that Diane would allow me to write my views about the Irvings.

Diane answer?

You don't like it? Just write a letter to the Editor and I'll print it!!!

At the end, they didn't write their concerns.

I remember in that series I wrote that J.K. Irving told me that smoking was bad for my sex drive!!!

lol

One week afterward, I was approached by the famous Billionaire that he wasn't please at all!!! < Won't go into the details in this blog >

The small paper was being read by the Irvings!!!! < Not bad for a small paper eh? >

The River Valley News was one of the only a couple of by-weekly papers that wasn't own by the Irvings and Diane would put a lot of work and effort in her paper.

She would spent hours and hours cutting ads and stories.

She would attend every events with her camera in hand so the people in her area would know what's going on in their community.

My column in her paper came to an end a few years ago.

Elvy Robichaud just announced that he was retiring from politics.



Charles 04_07_05 061



I wrote a column that was titled – Good Bye and Good Riddance!!!

Diane being the true Conservative that she was????

She wouldn't print my column.

I told her – Hey? Aren't you following the steps of the Irvings???



Picture 317



You should respect my opinion!!

She never printed my column and I never wrote to the little paper again!!!

I would asked her months afterwards - Have you heard from the readers if they missed my columns???

Her answer - I never received one single comment!!!!

lol

Nice to be wanted eh???

After this being said, we still remained good friends. It was just two stubborn individuals going toe to toe.

During my six months protest.



Charles and Brad 003




She tried to talk to the New Brunswick P.C. Party that they should take the time to chat with Charles LeBlanc about his issues on the drugging of our kids.

Bernard Lord choose to ignore me.



Charles 04_07_05 071



The Party should have listened to Diane's suggestions because if they would have taken the time to work on my concerns? I would have return to Saint John and never moved to Fredericton.



00250


Diane was a smart cookie and a very determine citizen in helping others.

Of course with her straight forward attitude came enemies. I was surprised that Bernard Lord never appointed her to a job.

Diane would always tell me – GET A JOB!!!!!

Yes, Diane was the mother and father that I never had.

She wanted me to succeed in life but she knew I had issues.

A couple of months ago while in Saint John, I decided to give Diane a call.

She was glad to hear from me.

After a few minutes, she said - < In true Diane style >

If I tell you something??? CAN YOU KEEP YOUR BIG MOUTH SHUT???

Diane knew how to talk to this ADHD Activist!!..lol

I agreed and she said - I have cancer in my brain and it's spreading to my lungs. I might only have a few months to live!!!

In one of only a few moments in my life. I became silent. < What do you say? >

I just wish her the best and told her that everything will be OK.

After a week or so, I emailed her explaining that I didn't feel comfortable in asking this question?

I asked Diane if she would be interested in answering a few questions and I would print the interview once she passed away? Which should be in 10 to 20 years from now!

Diane wrote me back and told me that death is a private affair.

So true but it would have been nice and very interesting to read her straight forward views on certain issues.

A couple of weeks ago, I phoned Diane and her sister answered the phone.

She called for Diane. It took a few long minutes for the sick individual to come to the phone.

Diane told me that she was doing ok. She knew about my fight with the Government about the way I was treated by the Saint John Police Force.

She said - I spoke to someone who was in court during your trial and he said that it's definitely wasn't right the way they treated you!!!

My God!!! Diane agreeing with me??? Sure made me felt good!!!

Diane quickly followed with a statement. I'm standing up at the phone and I'm tired. I got to go to bed.

My final words to Diane was – I love you!!!

and hung the phone.

I knew by the tone of her voice that death was near and she died a few hours ago.

So sad.

Yes, I lost a great friend and foe.

She was the best!!!!

Behind that straight forward attitude was a woman with a heart of gold.

She's in heaven with her husband George who passed away four years ago.



Slide1



Diane will be missed by many!!!!

Too bad I'm in Fredericton because I won't be able to attend the funeral.

I love you Diane and my deepest sympathy goes out to her family.

Hard to continue...tears in my eyes.

Good bye Diane




Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins
as we forgive those
who sin against us.
Lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil.
[For the kingdom, the power,
and the glory are yours
now and for ever.] Amen.

Notre Père qui es aux cieux,
que ton nom soit sanctifié,
que ton règne vienne,
que ta volonté soit faite sur la terre comme au ciel.
Donne-nous aujourd'hui notre pain de ce jour.
Pardonne-nous nos offenses,
comme nous pardonnons aussi à ceux qui nous ont offensés.
Et ne nous soumets pas à la tentation,
mais délivre-nous du Mal.



Maybe this song will make me feel better?






I just found this on the net.

http://www.ccpnbpcc.ca/english/organization.php

board_large

Diane is on the left on the front row.


J. Diane Bormke, Board Member
Representative for the Government of Canada

J. Diane Bormke received the Chamber of Commerce Citizenship Award for Community Service for her extraordinary commitment to the communities she has lived in, their history, their people and their business. She volunteers for several organizations, including sitting as Chair of the Grand-Bay Westfield Heritage Committee. She is a member of the Provincial Assessment and Planning Appeal Board and has taken the role of treasurer of the Greater Saint John Region Economic Development Commission. As Master Official in swimming, Ms. Bormke organized the Canada Games in Saint John and has worked on many other international meets. She has long been associated with the Kiwanis Lodge and with the Lower St. John River Promotion Association. Ms. Bormke is the owner and editor of the River Valley News, the community newspaper of Grand Bay-Westfield.

Ms. Bormke has three children Marta, Tom and Janet, six grandchildren and has just become a great-grandmother for the first time.


Ok....here's an update!!!!

One member of the P.C. Party emailed me asking me if I wanted a drive to Saint John so I could attend Diane memorial.

That was very nice of the guy.

We left for Saint John.


img_1476


Once at the Legion in West Saint John, I noticed the place was pack with cars!!!


img_1478img_1479img_1483



There was a huge line up at the door.


img_1480


It wasn't a place to take pictures but I did mange to take a shot just to show the amount of people who paid their respect to Diane on a Monday afternoon.


img_1482


I would say around 300 people showed up for this memorial.

Her daughter Marta greeted the guests after they signed the Guest book.



img_1491


It was emotional.

A table was set in memory of Diane.


img_1487img_1486img_1485img_1484img_1493img_1495



There was also a slide show of Diane life.


img_1488img_1490img_1497img_1498


Then suddenly, I heard someone playing the bagpipes to the music of Amazing Grace. I taught they were practicing outside. The ceremony was set to begin.

I love and hate that song. Once they play the bagpipes at a funeral? I always get emotional. Does it to me all the time.

I controlled my emotional and decided to give Diane's daughter my deepest sympathy.

Once it was turn, i began telling Marta that when it came to Diane? Either you loves her or hated her guts?

There were no in-between.

Then suddenly???? The song Amazing Grace began to played again so my emotion once again took over my soul.

I had tears in my eyes and told the daughter - I guess I'm not good at this!!! I once again left the building to calm down!!!

I decided to go back inside and wait for the ceremony to begin.

The bagpipes that played the song Amazing Grace was not live. It was record that played over and over while the slide show was showing the pictures of Diane life.

Diane loved that song so therefore that's way she wanted it!!!

I noticed the pay wishers were mostly members of the P.C. Party.


img_1492img_1503img_1504img_1505


Former co owner of the River Valley News Linda Aiton was there.


img_1507


Sure was nice to see Linda again!!! I might add the same goes for Denis Knibb.

At these memorials there are no funny stories. People just gather around and talk about the individual who just left this world.

In this case, it was about Diane and of course she would love to chat about politics.

Well? I do have a funny story.

With all those members of the P.C. Party in the audience. The room was full of Blue!!!!

But I did notice one little red spot in the area.

It was Liberal Minister Jack Keir!!!


IMG_0470


I approached the Minister asking him if he felt a little out of place?

lol

Of course a conversation soon began. I will not disclose what issue we chatted about but any readers of this blog knows exactly what we talked about.

I began to give my views. Then suddenly, I said- What Am I doing? This is not the place to debate my concerns but then again?

I continued by saying - Diane is watching me and saying- GO AFTER THOSE LIBERALS CHARLES!!! GO FOR IT!!! THAT'S MY BOY!!!

lol

I noticed after one hour and a half. People began leaving the building.

I was confuse! < Not the first time >

Where's the ceremony? Where's the speeches praising Diane?

I was told by Marta there would be no speeches and this is the way Diane wanted it.



img_1508



People would just show up and signed the Guest book.

They gathered and talk about issues. Just the way Diane would do.

I asked Marta if she would mind that I took some pictures of the memorial?

She gave me permission so I went on a mission. < Diane style >

I had to move fast because people were leaving the building.

I didn't know Diane was a painter?


img_1501img_1502img_1500img_1499



I decided to leave and gave my Good Bye!!!

The Memorial was in West Saint John so I asked newly elected MP Rodney Weston if he would give me a ride in the City?


img_1515


Hmmmmm...I just noticed in the picture that the Saint John Police Force is located in the background? Where they waiting for me???..lol New Stephen Harper orders? < Just kidding >


The man is not stupid!!! He knows how to treat a Blogger???..lol

Better than former MP Paul Zed eh?

Here's the youtube -





That one was for Diane!!

Hours later, I would find out by CBC investigative Journalist Robert Jones the Carleton FreePress was closing its doors for good!!!

Diane would have been upset about that news.

She always believe in independent media!!!

That evening it rained very hard. I stayed over my uncle Al place.


img_0030


He's doing well after his heart operation a few months ago


The next morning, Saint John was flooded!!!



img_1558


My uncle suggested that I stayed one more day. I could have gotten a ride with Abel LeBlanc the next morning to the Capital.

But I wanted to leave so I asked Al for a drive on the highway.

I made a little sign and surely someone would have some sympathy and give me ride.


img_1562img_1561


It wasn't raining so I was safe!!! I'm listening to my music from my recorder so therefore it's not that bad.

Then suddenly the rain began. My God!!! It was terrible!!!




img_1563


I got a ride till Grand Bay. While looking towards the town of Grand Bay. My recorder played the music of Amazing Grace.

It's one of hundreds on my disc. Was Diane sending me a message? Was she saying Good Bye?



img_1567


Sorry....I can't make up these stories.

The rain began again and my little sign was getting wet!!!


img_1569



Then suddenly, a guy stopped and I said - I might be a Frog that like water but not this much!!!!



img_0036-0


The guy was a Acadien from Stanley and he droved me right to my front door!!!

Well,,,,this is finally the end of this long winded blog but it was worth the time and effort because Diane Bormke was a great person.

She'll be missed by many.

I wish to thank Jason who drove me to the memorial.

I will link this blog and it will stay there until it's my turn to leave this world or when the Irvings shuts down this blog like they did to the old blog. < Sorry... I just had to add that one! >

The citizens of the area of Grand Bay-Westfield have lost a great fighter and they will not witness the likes of her for a long time to come.

I will miss you Diane.

Good Bye and thanks for the many advices you have given me during these last 15 years.

She's in heaven and everything is fine!!!!


IMG_9894_editedPicture 316

10 comments :

Tim Scammell, Professional Technologist said...

I am very sorry to hear of the passing of your good friend Charles.
I fully believe that the feelings you speak of are painful and wish there was something I could say to make you feel better
Pere Emery Brien is wonderful at what he does but songs and music don't help much at times like this.
Not for me anyway.
What does help is knowing that there are other friends, perhaps never as close as Diane but just as true, that are here for you if you need to talk.
You were there for me recently and I sincerely appreciated that.
You know that I am here if you need me.

Take Good Care,
Tim

Anonymous said...

Although there will be no visitation time, relatives and friends are invited to attend a celebration of Diane's life which will be held on Monday, October 27, 2008, beginning at 1:00 PM from Branch # 69 of the Royal Canadian Legion, Wilson Street, Saint John West. Diane had requested no flowers; instead, remembrances to the Diane Bormke Educational Fund at Saint John High School would be appreciated by the family, and may be made at Brenan's Select Community Funeral Home, 111 Paradise Row, Saint John (634-7424), in whose care the funeral arrangements are made. www.brenansfh.com

Anonymous said...

A shame to turn tragedies into religious rants.
It deadens my sympathies

Charles LeBlanc said...

Hey 5:08pm???

:P..:P..:P

Thanks Tim!!

I'll be ok!!!

:)

Anonymous said...

I freelancerd as Diane's Reporter for 4 years, I decided to go in to Journalism because of Diane. She helped me and enspired me along the way. I will really miss her help! I also have tears in my eyes as I write this.

Charles LeBlanc said...

Yes....she will be missed.....

There's no question about it.

So sad....

Anonymous said...

Get ahold of me charles I will drive you or get someone to bring you down. Diane was known as the Seargent Major of the Party and that is how I will always remember Diane.

Jason

Charles LeBlanc said...

I forgot that one Jason.

Seargent Major of the P.C. Party!!!

Yes, she could have done Dan Bussieres very well!!!

lol

That would be nice Jason if you can arrange for a drive to Saint John on Monday.

Send me an email at

oldmaison@yahoo.com

Merci!!!

Anonymous said...

yes my grandmother will be miss.. she was a really good person.. she would do anything for me or her great grandson tyson...We love her and miss her dearly...

Charles LeBlanc said...

Yes...she was one of a king that's for sure!!!

This is the reason this blog about her will stay in the links sides of this blog till this blogger leaves this world.

Oui..she was a good person!!!!